Photo by: Zhenya Cerneacov
tiger princess dance projects is seeking Swallowing Clouds Apprentice Facilitators (SCAFs) with an interest in working in the arts and with children for the Swallowing Clouds project.
Swallowing Clouds is a community literacy and dance project created by tiger princess dance projects that has been running in Toronto Public Libraries since 2010. Through movement experimentation, written responses, music creation, visual arts and theatre arts, the Swallowing Clouds Artists work with children in a storytelling and creative process that will allow each group to engage in creating their own story.
This is a paid (stipend) position and is open to applicants living within the Greater Toronto Area and between the ages of 19 and 29. This position will give our Swallowing Clouds Apprentice Facilitators (SCAFs) practical and theoretical training in creating a multi-disciplinary work for children and give them meaningful responsibilities with the Swallowing Clouds Facilitators.
- SCAFs are interested in working with children (age 9 -12 years) in a collaborative environment combining poetry, dance, music, theatre arts and visual arts.
- SCAFs are organized, flexible, and works well in a collaborative environment.
- SCAFs are willing to submit to a police check as required for working with children.
- SCAFs have experience working with groups in a community setting.
- Previous teaching experience is an asset, but not required.
- Please provide a letter of intent to us know why you are right for this position (maximum 1 page)
- A resume outlining relevant experience (maximum 2 pages)
- Provide 2 – 3 written samples of poetry and or links to videos of dance (maximum 10 minutes), or 2 – 3 digital files of visual art. Please do not send originals, they will not be returned.
- 2 References* with phone and e-mail contacts
EXTENDED Submission Deadline: Thursday, October 15, 2015 (5:00 pm EST)